By Charles A. Hamilton
Over 60 recipes and recommendations for inventors, makers, and budding engineers to create tasks utilizing the BeagleBone Black
About This Book
- Learn find out how to improve purposes with the BeagleBone Black and open resource Linux software
- Sharpen your services in making refined digital devices
- Explore the BeagleBone Black with this easy-to-succeed recipe format
Who This booklet Is For
If you're a undefined, Linux, and/or microcomputing beginner, or a person who desires extra strength and chances with product prototypes, digital artwork tasks, or embedded computing experiments, then this e-book is for you. it truly is for net of items fans who are looking to use extra refined than the Raspberry Pi or the Arduino can provide.
Whether you're an engineering pupil, a DIYer, an inventor, or a budding electronics fanatic, this ebook offers obtainable, easy-to-succeed directions for utilizing a complicated microcomputing platform.
What you are going to Learn
- Set up and run the BeagleBone Black for the 1st time
- Learn the fundamentals of microcomputing and Linux utilizing the command line and straightforward kernel mods
- Explore actual computing and straightforward circuits utilizing buttons, LEDs, sensors, and motors
- Discover the original positive factors of the BeagleBone Black and its real-time computing functions
- Build intermediate point audio and video applications
- Assemble and upload materials for growing net of items prototypes
There are many single-board controllers and pcs similar to Arduino, Udoo, or Raspberry Pi, which might be used to create digital prototypes on circuit forums. even though, in terms of developing extra complex tasks, BeagleBone Black presents a cosmopolitan replacement. learning the BeagleBone Black lets you mix it with sensors and LEDs, upload buttons, and marry it to numerous add-on forums. you could rework this tiny machine into the mind for an embedded software or an never-ending number of digital innovations and prototypes.
With dozens of how-tos, this e-book kicks off with the fundamental steps for developing and operating the BeagleBone Black for the 1st time, from connecting the required and utilizing the command line with Linux instructions to fitting new software program and controlling your method remotely. Following those recipes, extra complicated examples take you thru scripting, debugging, and dealing with software program resource records, finally operating with the Linux kernel. in this case, you are going to the best way to make the most the board's real-time services. we'll then detect intriguing equipment for utilizing sound and video with the method sooner than marching ahead into an exploration of recipes for development net of items tasks. eventually, the ebook finishes with a dramatic arc upward into outer area, in the event you discover how you can construct tasks for monitoring and tracking satellites.
Style and approach
This accomplished recipe e-book deconstructs a posh, frequently complicated piece of know-how, and transforms it to turn into obtainable and enjoyable with snappy, unintimidating prose, and wide easy-to-succeed instructions.