New PDF release: A Course in p-adic Analysis (Graduate Texts in Mathematics)
By Alain M. Robert
Discovered on the flip of the 20th century, p-adic numbers are often utilized by mathematicians and physicists. this article is a self-contained presentation of easy p-adic research with a spotlight on analytic issues. It bargains many positive factors hardly handled in introductory p-adic texts akin to topological types of p-adic areas within Euclidian house, a distinct case of Hazewinkel’s sensible equation lemma, and a therapy of analytic elements.
Read or Download A Course in p-adic Analysis (Graduate Texts in Mathematics) PDF
Best number theory books
Torsors, often referred to as important bundles or primary homogeneous areas, are ubiquitous in arithmetic. the aim of this e-book is to provide expository lecture notes and state-of-the-art study papers at the concept and functions of torsors and étale homotopy, all written from assorted views by means of major specialists.
In the spring of 1976, George Andrews of Pennsylvania kingdom college visited the library at Trinity university, Cambridge, to envision the papers of the past due G. N. Watson. between those papers, Andrews found a sheaf of 138 pages within the handwriting of Srinivasa Ramanujan. This manuscript used to be quickly targeted, "Ramanujan's misplaced workstation.
Because of the quick progress of electronic communique and digital facts trade, info safeguard has develop into an important factor in undefined, enterprise, and management. smooth cryptography presents crucial suggestions for securing details and preserving info. within the first half, this publication covers the main options of cryptography on an undergraduate point, from encryption and electronic signatures to cryptographic protocols.
An research of the logical foundations of the speculation at the back of Markov random approaches, this article explores subprocesses, transition services, and stipulations for boundedness and continuity. instead of concentrating on likelihood measures separately, the paintings explores connections among features. An undemanding clutch of the idea of Markov procedures is believed.
- Problem-Solving and Selected Topics in Number Theory: In the Spirit of the Mathematical Olympiads
- Limit Theorems in Probability, Statistics and Number Theory: In Honor of Friedrich Götze: 42 (Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics)
- Basiswissen Zahlentheorie: Eine Einführung in Zahlen und Zahlbereiche (Mathematik für das Lehramt) (German Edition)
- The Classical Fields: Structural Features of the Real and Rational Numbers (Encyclopedia of Mathematics and its Applications)
- Birational Geometry of Foliations (IMPA Monographs)
- The Theory of Partitions (Encyclopedia of Mathematics and its Applications)
Additional info for A Course in p-adic Analysis (Graduate Texts in Mathematics)
A Course in p-adic Analysis (Graduate Texts in Mathematics) by Alain M. Robert